|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the landmark'.|
Toby's Windmill, retitled Toby and the Windmill in American releases, is the tenth episode of the seventh season.
Toby's favorite place on the Island is the old windmill that belongs to his friend, the miller. One day however, Toby is on his way to collect some flour, but gets so distracted by the sight of the sails going round, he accidentally damages the flour sacks in the trucks. This makes the miller very upset ,as this might put him out of a job.
Toby goes home to his shed sad about the trouble he had caused. That night, a fierce storm sweeps across Sodor and the windmill gets struck by lightning, setting is ablaze! The following morning, Toby carefully puffs along seeing the damage the storm caused - including the old windmill. The miller is now out of a job, as he can't afford any timber. Wishing to make up for his carelessness, Toby tries his best to help.
Luckily, Toby discovers a fallen tree which Harvey and Terence are trying to clear away from the tracks. Toby tells the Fat Controller that the fallen tree will provide the timber required to mend the miller's windmill. The Fat Controller and the miller agree to Toby's idea and, several days later, the old windmill is restored to full working order. The miller is very grateful and now calls the windmill "Toby's Windmill".
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Dusty Miller (not named)
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Terence (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- George (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Farmer Finney (cameo)
- Rheneas (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (stock footage cameo)
- Lorry 2 (faceless; cameo)
- Percy (main role replaced with Toby)
- Toby's Shed
- Toby's Windmill
- Castle Loch
- Castle Loch Causeway
- The Watermill
- Hawin Croka (stock footage)
- Norramby Church Station (stock footage)
- Skarloey (stock footage)
- Going by production order, this is the seventh episode of the seventh season.
- Stock footage from Trucks!, Special Attraction, and The Fogman is used, as is a deleted scene from Time for Trouble.
- The faceless lorry that delivers flour from the newly restored windmill is the model of Lorry 2. It's registration plate "LOR 2" is seen on his number plate.
- This episode is Toby's only speaking role in the seventh season.
- A preserved storyboard drawn by Robert Gauld-Galliers suggests Percy was originally meant to be the main character in this episode.
- This is one of several episodes from the seventh season to have its title card read on Nick Jr. and PBS airings.
- This is the last episode to feature a story line by David Mitton.
- This is the second episode in the series, after Dunkin Duncan, where Sir Topham Hatt says, "confusion and delay", which would become his catchphrase starting in the New Series. However, there were five past episodes, starting with Cranky Bugs, where either the narrator or other characters have said it.
- This is also the only episode in the seventh season and thus, the last in the Classic Series, where the phrase is said.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam is wearing his old funnel.
- Either Rheneas or Peter Sam has Skarloey's whistle sound.
- When Toby tells Sir Topham Hatt about the broken windmill, if inspected enough, his driver's head is actually missing. Because of this, a large scale head has been digitally added on.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Tobys Mølle||Toby's Mill|
|Welsh||Melin Wynt Tobi||Toby's Windmill|
|Swedish||Tobys väderkvarn||Toby's Windmill|
|Italian||Il Mulino a Vento di Toby||Toby's Windmill|
|Hungarian||Toby szélmalma||Toby's Windmill|
|Romanian||Moara lui Toby||Toby's Mill|
|Korean||토비의 풍차||Toby's Windmill|
|Slovak||Tobyho mlyn||Toby's Mill|
|Russian||Мельница Тоби||Toby's Mill|
|Polish||Tobikowy Młyn||Toby's Mill|
|Thai||โรงไม้โทบี้||The Agmot Lobby|
Home Media Releases